- This event has passed.
Can Learn Library-online perogies
May 8 @ 7:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Here you will find all our tutorials from the Can Learn Library program. Every week we are uploading new DIY, hobby, cooking etc. video tutorials for you to enjoy.
If you follow along, please share your creations with us. Send any photos, tips or tricks to email@example.com. Videos are uploaded to our North Battleford Library Youtube Channel.
First Video – Perogies
Recipe borrowed from the 25 Ingredients, 50 Meals Cook Book in the Battlefords. Available at northbattlefordlibrary.com/can-learn-library/
● 2 cups (500mL) flour
● 1 tsp (5mL) salt
● 1 egg, beaten
● ⅔ cup (160mL) cold water
● 5lbs baking potatoes
● 1 cup (250mL) Cheddar cheese, shredded
● Salt and pepper to taste
To freeze perogies, freeze them separately
on a cookie sheet or plate first, then combine
in freezer bags. Otherwise, they will stick
Potato Filling Preparation
1. Place potatoes in a large pot. Add water to cover and bring to a boil for
25-35 minutes or until tender. Remove potatoes from water and mash. Stir in cheese and season with salt and pepper.
1. In a medium bowl combine the flour, salt, egg, and water. Mix all together to form dough, cover the bowl with a tea towel and set aside.
2. Roll dough out on a floured surface. Cut circles out of dough using a small round container. Place a spoonful of potato filling in the centre of each circle and fold over, pinching edges together to seal.
3. Bring a large pot of slightly salted water to a boil, drop perogies in boiling water and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until they float