Audiobooks and Downloadable Audio for People with Print Disabilities
You can borrow DAISY Talking Books, MP3 Audiobooks and Books on CD to play in a DAISY player or in a CD player.
Download audio, DAISY Talking Books, Direct to Player downloads, eText, eBraille, Print Braille, and more. A national not-for-profit organization, CELA serves 90% of the estimated 3 million Canadians with print disabilities in partnership with member libraries and has users in every province and territory. Formats available include:
- DAISY CDs: for DAISY players or MP3 compatible CD players
- DAISY digital: stream or download through the CELA website
- Braille: both contracted and uncontracted form
- Printbraille: picture books with added braille
- E-braille: download and use with electronic braille displays
- Described movies: in both VHS and DVD
- E-text: newspapers, magazines, and books downloaded from the CELA website
- Bookshare: free membership to the Bookshare online digital library (requires an additional registration after registering for CELA)
- English, French, other languages by ILL
Patrons can self-register on the CELA website at www.celalibrary.ca or by completing the online CELA Patron Registration Form with a staff member at your local library. No medical forms are required. Patrons may assign a designate to register on their behalf. Home delivery or local branch delivery is available for DAISY CDs, braille, and described movies.
Download audio, eText and eBraille.
Is a collection of accessible digital content owned and sustained by Canadian public libraries, working with international partners, libraries, readers and publishers. Formats and features available include:
- EPUB, E-text, PDF’s and MP3’s
- NNELS Content is searchable using library catalog
You can also request physical copies of NNELS content using the Saskatoon “NNELS Talking Books Disc Service”, which will ensure the delivery of a ‘talking book’ disc at a library branch of your choosing. Click here for more information: NNELS Talking Books Disc Service
Thank you – if you have any questions please call 445-3209 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org